Cox Sauce Gas-Grilled Chicken
Grilling perfect Cox Sauce BBQ’d Chicken is easy! Here’s a simple method for classic Cox Sauce Chicken on a gas grill.
Bone-in chicken of preference, Cajun Seasoning, Oil, Cox Sauce
- Generously season raw chicken on both sides with salt and pepper or your favorite rub. We like Tony Chachere’s.
- Preheat gas grill to 450. Oil grates once heated to prevent sticking.
- Grill on high 1-3 minutes per side until crispy. Watch out! Flames may be high. Use long tongs. Careful not to burn!
- Once each side is seared, turn burners down to low to medium-low heat. Close lid and let cook for about 20 minutes.
- Open lid, flip chicken, and generously sauce the underside of each piece. Close lid and continue to cook on low for 7 minutes.
- Open lid, carefully flip chicken so that the presentation side is up. Generously sauce each piece. Close lid, and continue to cook on low for 5-10 minutes.
- Open lid. Sauce should look red, shiny, and glazed.