Cox Sauce Charcoal Chicken Wings
by Cameron Cox
You’d think that with all the time, labor, and love that goes into making pulled pork, baby back ribs, or burnt ends, that they’d be the crowd favorite. But cook-out after cook-out proves that Cox Sauce Charcoal Chicken Wings are the crowd favorite. 1 hour on the grill leaves much more Saturday than tending a smoker for hours on end.
Ingredients Chicken wings, Cajun seasoning, Cox Sauce
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours
- Season both sides of the wing with your favorite dry rub. We like Tony Chachere’s
- Prepare a charcoal grill for indirect grilling
- Sear wings over hot coals until crispy. Watch out! Coals will flame up. Use long tongs and be careful not to burn your fingers, or the wings. 1-3 minutes per side.
- Move wings away from coals for indirect grilling. Point the wing tips to the coals.
- Add fresh charcoal over lit coals, and cover.
- Let wings cook with all vents open for 30 mins.
- Remove lid, flip wings, and generously sauce the underside. Cover. Let cook 10 minutes.
- Remove lid, flip wings, and sauce generously. Cover. Let cook 10-15 minutes.
- Remove lid. Sauce should be red, shiny, and glazed onto each wing. Gently remove from the grill.